Welcome to VSCLAB at UC Riverside
I received my B.S. and M.S. from Fudan University, Shanghai, P. R. China, in 1992 and 1995 respectively and the Ph.D. from University of Iowa, Iowa City, in 1999. Currently I am Professor at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Bourns College of Engineering. I am also a cooperating faculty member (co-faculty) of the Computer Science and Engineering department. Here are my latest curriculum vitae and short biography and my publication list.
I am the director of VLSI System and Computation Lab (VSC Lab) at UC Riverside. I am also the associate director for the Computer Engineering Program at Bourns College of Engineering.
In addition, I am the Editor in Chief (EIC) of Integration, The VLSI Journal, which is one of the primary journals in the VLSI design and CAD/design automation areas.
VSCLAB Recent Research Highlights:
- EMspice: coupled EM-IR analysis tool for full-chip power grid EM and IR check and sign-off
- COVID19 pandemic projection from VSCLAB
- GPU-accelerated sparse parallel LU factorization solver project, GLU V3.0 is released on August 1st, 2019 (with sources codes and examples)
- The new physics-based EM model for more accurate EM assessment and EM signoff
Current research areas
- Machine and deep learning for VLSI reliability modeling and optimization
- Advanced VLSI design techniques for machine and deep learnings
- Parallel Ising computing based GPU for hard combinatorial problems in EDA and computing engineerings
- VLSI long-term reliability, resilient systems, fault tolerant computing, reliability-aware design and management at circuit and system levels
- Hardware security and trusted computing
- Smart devices and embedded and cyber-physical systems
- Thermal modeling, optimization and dynamic thermal management at circuit, chip and board levels
- Statistic modeling and optimization for VLSI systems
Latest News from VSCLAB
The job openings in VSCLAB
My group now has 3-4 Ph.D. openings for the Fall 2020. Students with electrical engineering, computer science, physics and applied mathematics backgrounds are welcome to apply. Students with M.S. degrees are preferred. Full financial supports will be provided for qualified students.